[:uk]The Ivano-Frankivsk Centre for Educational Innovations invites you to take part in the FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONTEST FOR SECONDARY AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS “LET US SAVE OUR PLANET TOGETHER!” on March 23-26, 2020.
Ivano-Frankivsk Centre for Educational Innovations,
36 Nazalezhnist Street, Ivano-Frankivsk, 76018, Ukraine
(+38) 0342586022, +(38) 0 98 785 1992; +(38)0 68 933 4992
ABOUT THE CONTEST
The 1st Inernational Environmental Contest for Secondary and High School Students “Let Us Save Our Planet Together!” is a unique event that brings school students, industry, government, and academia together in the search for improved solutions to environmental challenges.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The global goals:
• to spot young talented people between the ages of 13 and 17 and support their ideas to save the environment;
• to inspire young people in Ukraine and around the world to develop innovative ways to tackle the environmental issues that matter to them.
• to raise school students’environmental awareness and ecological consciousness;
• to develop their environmental outlook, environmental competence and foundations of rational use of natural resources;
• to identify talented young people and involve them in research, support and promote would-be researchers for high-tech industries in Ukraine.
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
School students from all over Ukraine and other countries in grade 6 to 11 who are between 13 and 17 years of age are eligible to participate; each participating student is limited to one entry.
Each contestant prepares written, oral, poster, and bench-scale model presentations in response to urgent tasks.
Each contestant should have an adviser (a school teacher or university professor) and/or co-adviser (from any institution that advised on the project).
Urban ecology and industrial ecology.
Sustainable use of natural resources and resource conservation.
Biotechnology and ecotoxicology.
Environmental education (socioecology).
Conservation of biodiversity.
• People who have worked in environmental fields as scientists, engineers, regulatory, and/or public relations liaisons.
• People who want to encourage future engineers and introduce them to new ideas and new ways of thinking
PARTNERS OF THE CONTEST
The partners of the Contest are: the Department of education and Science of the Ivano-Frankivsk City Council, the Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, The Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Universal Scientific Library, the National Natural Reserve «Gorgany», NGO «Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Branch of the National Ecological Center of Ukraine “Ecocenter Ivano-Frankivsk”», international organizations.
All participating students are eligible for the Award. Recipients.
The winners will be selected by a global jury.
The winners of the Contest (First, Second, Third Place) will be awarded cash prizes. Amounts will depend on funding. Other outstanding students will receive various presents, diplomas and certificates.
STAGE I – OFF-SITE
Call for participation January 10, 2020
• Each participant should complete an application form, authorship declaration and an online profile.
• Each Advisor and Co-Advisor should complete an application form and an online profile. February 16, 2020
Registration closes February 17, 2020
Research work manuscript submission February 18, 2020
Preliminary Report on the winners of Stage I March 02, 2020
STAGE 2 – ON-SITE
Welcome Ceremony, Dinner, and Safety Meeting Mandatory March 23, 2020
Project Presentation March 24, 2020
Closing Ceremony, awards ceremony March 25, 2020
Social program March 26, 2020[:]